Improving car parking to grow with the future
We have a lot of car parks and lay-bys on Cannock Chase – over 120 separate locations!
Some of these are big and have good existing facilities but most are small and in a poor state of disrepair. Some have regular anti-social behaviour and fly tipping problems and some were accidentally built in our most sensitive places for wildlife and archology.
We want to improve the quality of the most used car parking locations across Cannock Chase by:
- resurfacing them
- giving them better signage
- providing information panels to suggest good walking routes from each car park
- having more provisions for horse riders
- having more disabled priority parking
- increasing the number car park spaces available
- making it harder for anti-social behaviour and fly-tipping to happen.
Once that is done we would reduce the number of small run-down car parks and lay-bys scattered across Cannock Chase but we would be ensure the total amount of car parking spaces on the Chase would be greater than it is now.
Before completing the below form, please read our privacy notice to find out how we will use the data you provide to us.