Skip to content
- The proposed works have been carefully considered over 2 years to provide for future recreational use that can co-exist alongside the exceptional qualities of Cannock Chase.
- The plans suggest improvement to;
- Car parks – better surfacing, delineated spaces, dog bins, information panels
- Clearer signposted routes, new signage, improvements to access
- Environmental education for all generations, online and on-site
- Better visitor facilities
- Other items including closure and charging are proposed to support the on-going management of Cannock Chase. Funds from car parks are not collected by the Partnership and will be reinvested by the landowners to help with the management and running of the site.
- Currently there is limited educational provision at Cannock Chase for visitors.
- Education and engagement will be a main focus of this project. It aims to make information readily available in different formats for all to find. This will include;
- Working with landowners to improve their educational offer.
- On-site infrastructure i.e. information boards and panels.
- Online/mobile information and downloadable resource.