Download relevant documents
A huge evidence base has been collected and considered by the partnership to workout how best to spend this funding to continue to improve Cannock Chase. This includes a review of previous recommendations:
- extensive interviews with all the main landowners of Cannock Chase
- around 1000 interviews with members of the public as part of a visitor survey
- extensive mapping and auditing of Cannock Chase’s footpaths, car parks and the existing resources of its 6 visitor centres.
Read the evidence documents and reports:
- Cannock Chase visitor survey report – Part 1
- Cannock Chase visitor survey report – Part 2
- Evidence base report – map annex
- Evidence base for strategies
- AONB management plan
The two documents out for public consultation set out how the money collected from new developments could be spent to improve recreational use across parts of Cannock Chase without compromising the nature conservation, landscape and natural beauty, archaeological, geological and historic interests. This includes recommendations for car parks, footpaths and visitor centres. The suggestions in these two documents are not legally binding; they identify where significant funding will be made available by the partnership to assist the landowners to make the improvements should they wish to do so.
Read the consultation documents: